The snake man cometh...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feebo

Reaction score
Hello ! My name`s Ryan, I`ve got some Jewelled Flower Mantids coming soon so I thought, even though I`ve kept a mantid once before, I`d have a look for some information. Once I stumbled across this forum, I thought I`d join! :) I thought it looks really stylish, I like! lol :D Now you`re wondering why the title eh? Well I keep a whole lot of snakes. I have a snake room with around thirty five snakes, ranging from little Western Hognoses to huge Blood pythons and Boa Constrictors. Back to Mantids though and as I say, I have some Jewelled Flower mantids coming in the next few days. I`ve decided to get them to help deal with the fruit flies I have in my snake room. I keep Flower Beetles in there too and they have caused a pretty major amount of fruit flies to occur. The plan is to keep the mantids in the snake room, maybe even one or two in with my beetles while they`re still small to eat the fruit flies. I also plan to make a trap to catch wild food for them. I love all of my pets, I also have hundreds of tropical snails and a parrot called Feeby, hence my name lol I love to breed whatever I keep now so that will be a goal with the mantids too. Hopefully I can pick up a load of information here and make a few friends while I`m at it. :) Maybe I might even be able to pick up a Mantid or two aswell :)

Welcome. Everything you need to know about mantids is here.

Wow! welcome! U gonna just let them be loose? good idea!
blink.gif
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif
:tt2:

Thanks for the welcomes! :) No I`m not going to let them loose.I`m going to keep them in a little enclosure next to my beetles, I might even put one or two in with my beetles until they get too big and might pose a danger to the beetles. i`ve got loads of fruit fly in the snake room so i`m hoping they`ll help with that, although I`ll be catching food for them too :)