Time to say hi

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We really love our little family, our human friends think we're obsessed with our mantids but it can't be helped. Just look This is our little playful boy, very social and enjoys our company little 057.jpg

little 062.jpg

Hi there, we're sure he was a carolina. Almost all that popped out last year came from three alike small oath's. We wondered about the girl bug from the clutch since she was blonde colored, short winged and had blue lipped mouth parts and pretty coral colored eyes. I have not posted her picture yet, these two images took up most of the allowed space.

The two happily mated but in less than a week after, she perished and broke our hearts.

Now we're just waiting for the next hatching.

I'm pretty sure this is Stagmomantis limbata, not carolina. The borders, shape of prothorax, color, etc. point me in this direction. It could be californica but I'm thinking limbata.

IQYR0QFR3K00M0L0903QU0H0903Q80Q0N000MQDR3KOQZQJR90Q0501RJKAR401RIQDRQQYRXQCRU0R0KQWRJKJQYK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure this is Stagmomantis limbata, not carolina. The borders, shape of prothorax, color, etc. point me in this direction. It could be californica but I'm thinking limbata.

IQYR0QFR3K00M0L0903QU0H0903Q80Q0N000MQDR3KOQZQJR90Q0501RJKAR401RIQDRQQYRXQCRU0R0KQWRJKJQYK.jpg
Oh gosh. Me, happy, Agent A, and Carey all ahd this discussion on S. Limbata, S. Californica or S. Carolina. As Of right now I do not want to say if its that species becasue they are almost identical. You have to look at hind wing color to tell for sure.(For adult females only, I do not know about males) Red= S. Californica, Yellow= S. Limbata or S. Califorinica. There is no other distinct marking that can tell if it is a this or that certain species

All the female Stagmomantis carolina I have seen have two black dots on their wings. Female Stagmomantis limbata seem to have white dots instead of black ones.

Oh gosh. Me, happy, Agent A, and Carey all ahd this discussion on S. Limbata, S. Californica or S. Carolina. As Of right now I do not want to say if its that species becasue they are almost identical. You have to look at hind wing color to tell for sure.(For adult females only, I do not know about males) Red= S. Californica, Yellow= S. Limbata or S. Califorinica. There is no other distinct marking that can tell if it is a this or that certain species
there r stripes on the abdomen of adult calis

here (not my pics)

scali3.jpg

VRLQ9RRQCRG0Z0U0FQ90Z0N0L0IQL0P0CRN0K050WRKQK0XQCR90CR0QCRMQL0N0JQRQBR3K3QFK3QI0CQ60R0QQOR.jpg

hope this helps

also, WELCOME!!! :) :) :)

Latest posts