Totally New to Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David in NC

Reaction score
Hello all!

I reside in NC an am totally new to Mantids. Can anyone recommend an easy species to start with?

Thanks!

David C

Welcome to the forum. :) Stagmomantis carolina, aka Carolina mantis, is an easy species to raise, if you like a normal looking mantis.

Do what I (and many other newbies) did when I first started - go to www.mantisplace.com and shop around. Nice pictures (and brief descriptions) of each mantis species, as well as prices to get you started. It's a great go-to place for one-stop shopping.

Later, when you've got more experienced under your belt, and you're savvy to the ways of the mantid, you can start scanning the forum and watch for "smokin deals" from other members and breeders.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on...

Wecome, I would agree with Sporeworld go to Mantisplace and read the care sheet she has provided to see what is best for you, and don't forget you may need a heat pack in this cold weather :)

BugsInCyberspace.com is also a good place to look and is ran by this forums owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts