triops

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aje88

Reaction score
hey everyone im so excited because i just got myself the eggs of the prehistoric creature the triops. im so happy because i have my hands on them and im asking you if i should feed them to my mantis or keep them. there know for there tough exosceloten and dont wanna hurt the mantis. they sell tons at hobby lobby in the life science section if you guys want them.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the triops I've raised have been preety small. I don't think that their exoskeletons would be to hard, but depending on the size of your mantis the triop might be to small. You could always try em' and see what happens though. :D I doubt the triop could hurt your mantis.

triops are a fun pet :) i suggest you keep a few generations before you use them as dinner ;) you can always find something else to feed your mantids - like crix (they smell and arent all that cute so i dont mind using them as feeders :lol: )

Why don't you get normal food for your mantids? Those will not be a good food source.

Why don't you get normal food for your mantids? Those will not be a good food source.
+1

The butterflies you have been catching would make a much better food source than triops. Triops are more along the lines of a pet. And no! Sea monkeys are no good either. :lol:

I have seen them at Hobby Lobby and those are some neat little creatures. I wouldnt try to feed them to your mantis though. I have seen vieos of full grow Triops eat and those thinngs are ruthless! :p