Trouble with H. parviceps breeding attempt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plex

Reaction score
So I have been trying to mate my female H. parviceps with the males I was sent a little while back.

The males are at least 6 or 7 weeks old, and the female is almost four weeks into adulthood. I first introduced them a week ago and neither male wanted much to do with her; there was an initial attempt by the first male, but he climbed off and retreated within a minute.

After talking to a couple people, I raised the temperature of the butterfly cube I was attempting to mate them in with a heat lamp and made sure to keep it nice and humid when I introduced them today for another attempt. The male I introduced (Which I had fed a few BBs to previously until he would no longer eat) acted interested initially, but instead of mounting, he ended up attacking her from behind! I managed to separate them before he was able to bite from what I could tell and she seems uninjured, but if possible I would like to avoid this during the next attempt... suggestions?

Okay, I've been feeding them both well the past two days. Hoping tonight's attempt will work better than previous ones!