ultrasonic humidifiers

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davestreasurechest

Reaction score
I cureently use the hot steam/mist humidifiers, but was curious if the ultrasonic ones are safe ,

i dont know what frequencies may bother them, just being extra cautious , does anyone use the ultrasonics?

I use both; the warm mist humidifier in the winter and the cool mist ultrasonic in the summer. I don't have a mantis yet, but the ultrasonic hasn't appeared to bother our snake, geckos or crickets and we have been using it for 2 summers now in the critter room.

Yes, I have an "Office mini ultrasonic humidifier" ($33.00 at Amazon). I've noticed that a lot of the mantids closest to it look green or brown. Do you think that that is healthy? :lol:

If it matters, we have studied ultrasonic pest repellents. They are of course complete ######.

So that angle should be completely safe for your mantids, feeders, as well as whatever bedbugs, ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, ants, or Lady only knows whatever other arthropods you may have in your house.

Never heard of such a thing. I've never used a humidifer for mantids though.