Unexplained L3 Nymph Sickness/Deaths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chostin

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have lost two nymphs due to unknown reasons, and I am afraid a third will soon be lost. For the first two nymphs, all was fine, but the next day one was on the ground clearly dead and another was hanging on a branch completely still. I inspected them at the end of the day and they were both dead, or barely alive at the best. Today another one my my nymphs was on the ground in standing position, but as the day went by he fell more and more to the ground. I took him out and he was still alive. His abdomen was moving but he was just laying on his side. I have been feeding my mantids with a constant supply of fruit flies and I have been spraying distilled water inside their containers on a daily basis. Can anyone please explain what might be going on with my poor mantids? These are my first mantids to own. Any advice from you will be greatly appreciated!

could be a fungal infection it happened to me killed 4 of my 5 creos, there is not much you can do but hope it passes.

Latest posts