Unidentified cameroon species hatch

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdfly

Reaction score
Emergance.jpg

Hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

mainhatch.jpg

Imalive.jpg

Wheresthefridge.jpg

Bighead.jpg

and as they are now

_MG_7080_edited.jpg

:)

If our forum had a POTM contest, I'd nominate this picture until it won:

Bighead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spawn, i can always rely on you to say the nicest things :) cheers mate.

Ubb, good idea i'll see what i can do, might be in a bit of a state now but ?

My guess would be a sphoddie but you never know :)

I lost most of them, you might be able to see some struggling to break out of the hatching cowl? and later loads more died as free moving 1st instars, they had plenty of appropriately sized flies but they became listless, i didnt see any feeding and they died too, i have 3 left :( i hope they are opposite sexes?

Spawn, i can always rely on you to say the nicest things :) cheers mate.Ubb, good idea i'll see what i can do, might be in a bit of a state now but ?

My guess would be a sphoddie but you never know :)

I lost most of them, you might be able to see some struggling to break out of the hatching cowl? and later loads more died as free moving 1st instars, they had plenty of appropriately sized flies but they became listless, i didnt see any feeding and they died too, i have 3 left :( i hope they are opposite sexes?
dam all them nymphs and only 3 left..what was humidity like?how many didn't hatch?they look so cool..u take wonderful pics.

dam all them nymphs and only 3 left..what was humidity like?how many didn't hatch?they look so cool..u take wonderful pics.
50% died in the hatch the others afterwards, humidity was slightly higher than normal parameters but had been dryer two days earlier.

Conditions were not right though!

Cheers mate, so do you :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts