**URGENT HELP ME SAVE THIS LITTLE GUY**

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beheader

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I have never taken care of a praying mantis before. I have reptiles at home and I was recently thinking about purchasing a tarantula/centipede/scorpion.

Well today I came accross this little guy..

IMG_1262.JPG

I think I might have stepped on him or maybe he was already like that but anyway his guts are hanging out.. (you might have to open the picture in a new tab to see better ((double right click on pic)))

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

Is there anything I can do to save him?

Also do you guys have any tips to help me care for this little creature. I will do some research but any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you :)

yea, I can see how it can happen, just outside walking along and all of a sudden! :taz: Also if this is your first time, become a forum supporter and get free babies and some flies from me, you will enjoy them.

So their is absolutely no way I can save this guy?

@hibiscusmile I'm interested in purchasing a mantis but.. do you ship to Canada ? :p

If not, does anyone know where I can purchase one in Canada and what species would you suggest? I'm looking for a big species 3''-4'' with nice colors/paterns/shapes.

Thx guyz.

@hibiscusmile I'm interested in purchasing a mantis but.. do you ship to Canada ? :p

If not, does anyone know where I can purchase one in Canada and what species would you suggest? I'm looking for a big species 3''-4'' with nice colors/paterns/shapes.

Thx guyz.
Sounds like you want Hierodula or a dead leaf mantis. Dead leaves are cognitively impaired in my experience, so they're not recommended by me!

Once I found a mantis that some jerk stepped on. :mad: his eyes were completely black and guts were hanging out, but he was still feebly walking in circles. So sad... :(

The girls get so freaked out by mantids that they either run away or crush them. :lol: I have had to intervene many times.

But now, people are getting smarter: whenever they find a mantis they run to me. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The girls get so freaked out by mantids that they either run away or crush them. :lol: I have had to intervene many times.
i cant get girls to do either

i'll have them walk up to me at lunch show me a pic of a clearly adult male tenodera they found on their phone and i'll be like "if u find him again catch him for me" cause i have a lonely female

Thx guyz.
Not in my experience... She'll ship ooths but not mantids... Where in canada are u? Maybe we live close!?

Latest posts