Violin feeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIV

Reaction score
Hello so I have a male and female violin both l5 but I've been wondering if they can eat dubia roaches or if that falls under the category of ground insect or should I keep them on a green banana roach diet? Basically will they eat dubia eoaches?

@ZIV As per their care sheet they should be fed flying prey only. Any cricket, cockroach (Banana, Dubia, or other roaches ), and related all are ground feeders and can cause problems. Here is a except from the care sheet...

They feed exclusively on flying food, but have been known to eat crickets. This can have adverse side effects, however.

thank you what should i feed them?
Flying feeders include the bottle flies (the most common by far), black solider flies (adults), waxworm moths, and butterworm moths are the more common purchased varieties for adult mantids. All are available from Rebecca at her website.

During the warm months wild prey can be captured too, and many more various flying feeders can be found if they are safe to use (free from chemicals/pesticides/etc).