Wahlbergii + ocellata wing pic side by side

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
I was thinking this might help someone to determine if they have Wahlbergii or not. :)

2291662160_c36a375424_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you get raved at Scott just remember the "9" changes from individual to individual :p

Nice photo though, btw to get a neaar 100% determintion get a shot of the thorax ;)

I wouldn't call these two species different species... To me it just looked like variations in the wings, are occelatas more aggressive then Wahlbergiis or visa versa?

For God's sake, one last time: The wing patterns don't help, they are too variable. How many times does it have to be written that the wings are completely unimportant until it has reached the last one? Maybe someone should start a poll to answer this last question. I will not explain it again. Check the other posts. <_<

And yes, Ps. ocellata and wahlbergii ARE different species.

Before you get raved at Scott just remember the "9" changes from individual to individual :p Nice photo though, btw to get a neaar 100% determintion get a shot of the thorax ;)
i wil be doing comparisons photos of the shield and other parts of the body..il post them up soon.

Nope, size has absolutely nothing to do with it ! ;) Scott, check BN for the distinctions - the correct way of identifying the species.

Stop stressing Christian out people, he'll end up like me :lol:
My Wahlbergii male is bigger than ocellata male.And from the pics i saw of yens females it looked the same with them?

Lol, well hes still a sad lonely male whalbergii :(

As for size what happens if you get a large P.O and a midget P.W?

For the last time.....SIZE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT ;) I'm 5'9" with blonde hair. My mate is 6'5" and ginger. Does this make us diffferent species ?
well yes..ginger people are a different species..hahahahahaha :lol:

Latest posts