• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Dead mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginner entomologist

Reaction score
I give a few educational talks every summer and I am looking for some dead mantids or old ooths that I can display for the kids to see. I have some live species but there is no way that I can keep many more. :lol: If you have any dead mantids that you would like to donate (I would cover shipping) or let go for a cheap price let me know. :)

I'm located in Buffalo NY. Thanks :)

What species do you want? I think you have most of the species I'm carrying, but I do have a dead female ghost, and some limbata. Hatched ooths for the same too.

I'm interested in all of them! :) How much would you want for them?
Free...Just the cost of Priority Mail + delivery confirmation. From CA to NY is now $5.55 + $0.70. PM me with your address and how you'd like to pay. If it's paypal the fee would be about + $0.60.

...And just to be clear, they're as-is dead and not nicely pinned or anything :)

Hey what do you guys do in general to preserve a dead mantis? Throw it in Alcohol? Freeze it? Just let it air dry?