Water?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconerguy

Reaction score
New to the hobby and am expecting a Ghost in the mail next week. I get the gist of feeding them, but I have never had anybody mention anything about water. Do I feed them water with a cotton swab? Or do they get it from their food?

New to the hobby and am expecting a Ghost in the mail next week. I get the gist of feeding them, but I have never had anybody mention anything about water. Do I feed them water with a cotton swab? Or do they get it from their food?
I actually give my mantids a drink at the end of a tweezer, after their honey along with misting the side of the container.

I always mist, but when I have them out I will fill a bottle cap with water so they can drink if they want to :)

I give my honey and water from a syringe. I also mist them. I only use glaceau regular vitamin water but that's me ;)

If they are needing water, you can tell when you mist the side of their cage (container) as you will see the thirsty ones dip their "beaks" down to sip the water droplets.

Latest posts