wax worms HELP!....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desana

Reaction score
ive just come across these little critters cos someone told me they feed them to their mantids. what i was wondering was cos they are gut loaded with sweet things are they ok to feed to mantids on a regular basis. especially when im already using bee pollen & honey dusting powder on the fruit flies everyday. i like my mantids to have good stuff but can all this have an adverse effect with it being too sweet for them. (and for all you jokers out there i know i dont have to worry about them getting a sweet tooth).LOL! Any input would be greatly apprecieted cheers!.

ive also just read on the forums that a lot of mantids turn their noses up at wax worms and wont even touch them anybody heard of this cheers.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I guess my Mantis would be a different breed??

Look at my Giant Shield...Fishing for Wax worms.... 1 big tub of wax!!

IMG_0814.jpg

Yea, nice pic, tubby mantis too! if she falls in she will be one happy girl! :p Some of mine eat them, I offer them on the forcepts, (course u all know I ain't touching them) & a lot of them take them, they are suppossed to be to fatty for everyday food though, kinda like eating bacon every day!

Yea, nice pic, tubby mantis too! if she falls in she will be one happy girl! :p Some of mine eat them, I offer them on the forcepts, (course u all know I ain't touching them) & a lot of them take them, they are suppossed to be to fatty for everyday food though, kinda like eating bacon every day!
Well Wax worms are not a stable feeder. They are treats for mantis. The reason I have so many because I have a lot of chameleons to feed. I offer my chameleons about once a month on waxworm to keep them nice and fat!!

well, i have bad experience feeding worm like creatures to mantids. morio,s scared the heck out of them.

they just don't pay any attention to wax worms.

You can always grow wax moths out of the worms and feed them to your mantids. :) Mine seem to love the moths.

I tried to give a worm to my P. paradoxa, but wasn't really surprised that it didn't want to eat it. My gecko seems to love them though.

Latest posts