what kind of water?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

her8751

Reaction score
What kind of water do I give my nymph? What's the easiest way if I don't have a spraybottle handy?

I just give mine the same filtered water that I drink. :) You could just put a paper towel in with them and moisten it, or moist substrate. I have had them drink drops off my finger or pretty much any object. Small nymphs can drown in a drop of water, so any standing water wouldn't be good.

My best misting bottle cost me $1.00 at a dollar store. It is a good idea to get one as soon as you can.

I just give mine the same filtered water that I drink. :) You could just put a paper towel in with them and moisten it, or moist substrate. I have had them drink drops off my finger or pretty much any object. Small nymphs can drown in a drop of water, so any standing water wouldn't be good.

My best misting bottle cost me $1.00 at a dollar store. It is a good idea to get one as soon as you can.
Misting bottle is a must... about a week ago, i had this tiny little nymph and i shot some water in his enclosure.... water pooled on the top of the flower , and i thought wow thats not a good idea, it will probably drown. but i was in a hurry and my second thought was "oh it never comes down from the top anyway it will be ok until it dries wont take long for that" of course a couple hours later the nymph had gotten in it and drowned. i could have kicked myself all the rest of the day. well last night, a week later, i was cleaning the enclosure to put in a new nymph and the little drowned nymph was sitting there looking at me.. :eek: :eek: so lesson learned.. mist, do not let the water pool! i did get a good giggle from the little nymph though. he one tough cookie. I will be making a stop at the dollar store today to replace my misting bottle, it seems to not mist anymore but shoot. i use bottled water, i buy a couple of gallons and sit the one that i am using on my "heated" side of my room. it seems to keep it a few degrees warmer than room temp and works great!

Plain old tap water is fine. If you want to keep your glass clean and clear use distilled water.

Latest posts