WHAT!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was he with a female or did he manage to do this alone in his enclousure?

Picture? I had a female rhombodera who managed to impale herself on a (not-so-sharp) stick... I have no idea how tbh.

Given one of his legs is missing I wonder if he somehow got it stuck somewhere and while struggling to get free that is the part that gave.

if hes alone it can hardly be a sibling, but im thinking cricket or some of those small annoying fruit flie sized flies that arent fruit flies, i have lost some snails and a tarantula to those, they went in and laid eggs in the T's burrow then while it was molting their spikes / maggots started munching away on the T, same deal with the snails, so now i have secured all my slings/juvies and remaining 2 snails with pantihose as an extra layer on the vent screening.

There was nothing in his container. Only hotglue screen and coconut fiber substrate. no crickets have ever touched my mantises in ages.

i had a creo male go crazy and chew 3 legs off right where they attached to the thorax

he then managed to tear an antenna off and died

maybe he was overwhelmed by pheremones?

demonic possession??
Oh whatever! :rolleyes:

Perhaps he wanted a snack?

I had an older male ghost lose 2 of its middle legs because of some kind of bacteria eating them up (over several days). I do not fully understand why this happens - even with plenty of ventilation - but sometimes it just does. :mellow: