Why September is great in the UK

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTranquilEye

Reaction score
Great joy here in Blighty. It's the start of the crane fly season (or as they are known here - 'Daddy-Long Legs).

These guys are easy to catch, plentiful and the mantids love them.

Providing my clan with food will be sooooo easy for the next couple of weeks... :D

Until of course, someone tells me crane flies are completely unsuitable as food...

Nope crane flies are great feeders, and popular with members that live near lakes and such (as they have plenty of them). Just ensure your mantid is up to the feeder size and your golden. :D

Nope crane flies are great feeders, and popular with members that live near lakes and such (as they have plenty of them). Just ensure your mantid is up to the feeder size and your golden. :D
All of my lot can tackle a crane fly with no problem at all. In fact, when I jokingly suggested we put Maude in with my GF's gecko, she said 'no way, Maude will eat him..' :D

Ha, your Sphodromantis girl Maude sounds like she can take on anything then if your girlfriend is scared for her gecko. :D Here is another topic too about crane flies, and everyone's input.