Wierd Spider?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

The Skate Life
Reaction score
ok guys I caught a big black spider that looks just like a hairless tarantula. I kept it in a recatngular contair and about 3/4 of it is filled with peat moss. It stays on the side with no

peat moss, well i just think it creats a good amount of humidity for it since it came from the bathroom.

This morning i found it upside down. I know its not dead because when i opened the lid it stretched its legs. Is it molting because i fed it the night before. Or is it on the brink of death?

Any spider experts in here?

NOTE: It does not use webs to catch prey.

I'll get pics after it sheds or dies. :(

EDIT: I think its called the black house spider http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html

it was upsidedown for 4 days and it didnt shed and today it got up and its pileling dirt, is this spider wierd or what?

I didnt bother it or anything because I just thought that it was having a hard time shedding so I left it alone.

any pics of this thing? i thought for sure it was getting ready to moult.

Well here it is.

I fed it a week ago and it doesnt accept any food right now.

It gets really aggresive when I open the lid and it'll lift its 4 front legs.

Picture086.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Yea, im not worried about feeding, but its wierd behavior.

Turning upsidedown for 4 days and it was fine for a couple days later. Yesterday it turned upside down again and i thought for sure it was about to shed, but it didn't.

YAY!!! Shes was laying eggs this morning!!! I know its probably not fertile, but still. It looks cool.

ok guys I caught a big black spider that looks just like a hairless tarantula. I kept it in a recatngular contair and about 3/4 of it is filled with peat moss. It stays on the side with no peat moss, well i just think it creats a good amount of humidity for it since it came from the bathroom.

This morning i found it upside down. I know its not dead because when i opened the lid it stretched its legs. Is it molting because i fed it the night before. Or is it on the brink of death?

Any spider experts in here?

NOTE: It does not use webs to catch prey.

I'll get pics after it sheds or dies. :(

EDIT: I think its called the black house spider http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html
well if you caught it, then it may well be fertile ;)