Will leg grow back if not completely removed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da8472

Reaction score
Due to a hole in the mesh of my habitat that was taped up, my mantis, of all odds, got stuck to it, after seeing him walk on it plenty of times. I used some forceps to remove him, which I'm sorry to say squeezed him a little too much thanks to the elasticity of the tool to want to go back to the closed position. I do think any injury from being slightly crushed is healable, but about a eighth of an inch of his middle left leg was broken off too. To give you an idea how much of the leg this is, the mantis itself is about 1.5 inches long. I need to if this leg will eventually heal and if he's going to be able to catch crickets, which I was soon going to upgrade to from flightless fruit flies.

Thanks

It will as long as there are enough moltes left. If not it will end up smaller than the others. Please introduce yourself in the introductions forum.

I sure it has plenty of molts left and thankfully the raptorial legs were fine despite being stuck as well. As for introducing myself: Not to seem rude or anything, but I was speaking on behalf of my sister (the real caretaker) who was away this month and I was unable to contact her at the time of the incident. I panicked going to this forum immediately to get some one time help. You may notice the my account is not that young though, that is simply my sister signing up just in case she might want to discuss mantid experiences. I'll let her introduce herself when the time is needed. As for me, I probably won't return. But thanks for the quick response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts