• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB/T Jumping Spiders

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghozt

Reaction score
I want something I can take out and hold with out jumping off me every time i pull the spider out of the cage. Also dont want it to bite the @%$^& out of me.

I have paypal, and also I have Jeweled Flower Mantids or Chines Mantids I will trade.

I want something I can take out and hold with out jumping off me every time i pull the spider out of the cage. Also dont want it to bite the @%$^& out of me.

I have paypal, and also I have Jeweled Flower Mantids or Chines Mantids I will trade.
I can find P. audax, which are fairly nice as far as handling goes, and do not tend to bite.

I'm interested in native roaches (Arenivaga species, desert sand roaches which may be in your area, as well as P. americana, the American cockroach.)

Shoot me an e-mail at:

[email protected]

I can find P. audax, which are fairly nice as far as handling goes, and do not tend to bite.

I'm interested in native roaches (Arenivaga species, desert sand roaches which may be in your area, as well as P. americana, the American cockroach.)

Shoot me an e-mail at:

[email protected]
Problem with P. Audax is that they are rather unremarkable. Im keeping four wild caught ones, all different ages/sizes. They are fairly active, but not as much as some. They do get LARGE for jumping spiders, and are fantastic hunters. Again though, they are not eye candy.

Hi there;

I am not trying to be rude, but what you are asking for is a logical absurdity. Just think about what you're asking for: you want a jumping spider that doesn't jump. That is like wanting a retriever that doesn't retrieve or a pointer that doesn't point. It is simply an absurd wish.

If you do not like spiders that jump, then either your choice of wanting a jumping spider needs to be re-thought, or (if you really like these animals) then your displeasure with their jumping needs to be dismissed and a more mature outlook on the basic nature of these spiders needs to be developed, as they get their very name from the fact they jump.

That being said, I get these jumping spiders fairly regularly (and yes they do jump):

fljumper.jpg
Florida Jumping Spiders

rgjumper.jpg

Regal Jumping Spiders

Hope you take this the right way,

Jack