you know you like mantids when...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malti

Reaction score
1. a fly comes buzzing, you think...FOOD

2. your's gfs ebay is full of mantis searches, even though she's scared of insects :lol:

3. carry around an empty container, just in case you find something interesting.

4. stopped mid-smooch to check out something...which was really a twig not a mantid... :oops:

I've thought about carrying around a small container at work because I'm constantly finding new insects and some I just have to bring home

5. A threat pose is amusing and endearing
wub.gif

In the spring, you see a huge flight of newly eclosed painted lady butterflies, swooping and tumbling through the undergrowth in a riot of color, and you think, "Wow! What a beautiful sight! Not much meat on them, though."

5. A threat pose is amusing and endearing
wub.gif
I agree. My Chinese male recently matured two days ago and just figured out his wings today. He's been using his threat display a lot today and now he raises his "checkered" wings. It's really pretty. :tt1:

9. When someone mentions a country they're visiting and the first thing you think about is what species of mantid can be found

When your wife see's you talk to your mantis so many times that she starts doing it too, and sometimes you both swear there answering back...

...you have a thousand pet bugs and mantises are the most time consuming, but you keep getting more and more of them, year after year.

...neighbors come into the house for the first time and politely look at the mantises and then leave sooner than you thought they would, and you realize that they harbored judgmental thoughts about these amazing insects (and you), and then you in turn judge them as not being very interesting people as they go back to their houses and kick the cat for using the corner of the couch as a scratching post again during their absence.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you dream about allying with ghost mantids which at 1st instar are 4ft tall...against an evil huge chinese mantid :lol:

Latest posts