• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

zebra silkworms large size awesome price

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
hey all,

i keep panther chameleons and they love zebra silkworms. most lizards love them!

i can beat the prices of the top competitors and i offer extra food too for the trip.

50 large - 8.75 , plus 5 dollar shipping

75 large is 13.00, plus 5 dollar shipping

100 large is 15.99 plus 10 dollar shipping charge

these guys will be atleast 1.5 inches long, most likely 2 inches long when they get to your door!

email is [email protected]

thanks,

~ Brian Aschenbach

hi can u ship to the UK?
sorry. i can ship you eggs though! eggs are extremely cheap when purchased in bulk. 25,000 eggs would last you a long time. and you can store them in the fridge. :)

ever thought of selling them in the UK?

What do these look like as adults?Are they zebra swallow tail?
what do you mean swallow tail? as adults they're moths. silkworms... google image: zebra silkworm, or silkworm moth, silkmoth. these catepillars are extremely nutritious for your lizards, herps, etc. and are easy to care for.

you mean like Bombyx mori silkworms?
Yes, Bobyx mori silkmoths. The eggs are very easy to hatch. You need a little time for the babies. The kego stage is when they're newly hatched and they're tiny! They are black and hairy. You need to keep them at around 80 degrees and always have fresh food for them.

You can feed them mulberry leaves, but only the little leaves when they're this small.

There is an artificial diet out there and I sell it already made. It is like a green tofu!

The baby catepillars need to hydrate themselves all the time, so you would need to grate these mulberry chow substance over ontop of them every 4 hours. This stage, you waste a lot of the chow.

After 5-7 days, these worms will molt and show their white coloration. The males are solid white, and the females have black stripes, hence the name Zebra.

These catepillars are less susceptible to bacterial infections as appose to the regular commerical silkworm that are solid white in both sexes.

After they molt the first time and begin showing their true colors, they're much easier to care for. You would only need to grate food over them twice a day.

In two weeks these worms reach 1.5 inches in length. Two more weeks and they're 2.5 inches in length and ready to spin their cocoons.

If you want more info. email me at [email protected].

I beat the leading competitor's prices. Email me and ask away!

These worms are excellent staple feeders for chameleons. Make very healthy meals for herps in general.

Hi Brian,

Do you still have these available? I've never seen the striped silkworm color form and am interested in getting some shortly as the mulberry leaves are just barely starting to open.

Hi Brian,

Do you still have these available? I've never seen the striped silkworm color form and am interested in getting some shortly as the mulberry leaves are just barely starting to open.
hey buddy, I'll have some available by next week, most likely by wed!