Idolomantis in the UK

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellroy

Reaction score
So whose currently keeping Idolomantis Diabolica ( :twisted: ) in the UK?

My brother and I are planning to get a small group going

Cheers

Alan

Have got 2 wild caught females (adults), just hoping the fellas managed to get to them in the wild before they were sent to me.

Dave

Yes I had 2...now I have one L3/4..... :oops: Don't ask!

I would love to be a part of the discussion hgroup & intend to source more post-payday :roll:

Cole

I am now the proud owner of 5 gorgeous Idolos thanks to Ian of Mantis-Inc fame. Looking forward to seeing them develop.

Alan

Cool, thanks Ian.

I still can't believe how cool they look. The pics I had seen of nymphs were black but these are all white with a bit of a pink tinge. Some of the L3 ones have taken small house flies today. I'm sure it won't take long for them to fatten up on those!

Hey,

well I got 1 which shed recently from an almost all black colour to a beige colour. Used to be pink and purple in places but that colour disappeared :( looked so cool aswell!

But wondering what L is it at now? I have no idea, bought it from MF.

Cheers, Cameron.

Yeah, its a shame wqhen the colouring goes. All of MF's at the show were L2, so now would be L3. Altough, I would have thought it would have shed into L4 by now...so, could be an L4...

Cheers,

Ian

hi,

so does it sometimes change whether it goes brown at L3 or L4?

(do they change colour at different sheds?)

Cheers, Cameron.

Latest posts