Rhombodera basilis or Hierodula stalli

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Rhombodera basilis

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hierodula stalli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chris Dickie

Reaction score
I've been told in the past that these are one and the same, so what would you call them if you had/have them?

I would probably opt for R.basilis but I'm not sure

Hopefully I've remembered right and not made myself look like a plonker :oops: lol

EDIT: Ignore the yes/no please, no idea where they came from

great:

Yes 72% [ 13 ]

Rhombodera basilis 16% [ 3 ]

No 5% [ 1 ]

Hierodula stalli 5% [ 1 ]

14 out of 18 people voted yes or no, lol

ahh, i just had to... :D :D

abit like "do not touch wet paint" or "hot paints"...i just have to touch it, why? i'm not quite sure. If someone tells me not to do something, i'll go and do it...i have abit of a rebellious streak in me...grrrrrrrrr [pirate grr]

i'd love to press my face against some wet concrete one day though...imagine, seeing your mug everytime you walk down your street...classssy

i've only been to uni for 2 weeks, my liver is non existent...sorry if this was a pointless post, i just had to post it. :)

x

Hi.

Actually, these are two different species, both belong to the genus Rhombodera. There are several species of Rhombodera with a broad shield. Only Rh. basalis seems to be actually in stock, this is the one with a bluish touch.

Regards,

Christian

i have abit of a rebellious streak in me...grrrrrrrrr [pirate grr]

I thought pirates say arrrr!

Other wise my joke is ruined.

Why are pirates called pirates?

because they arrrrrrrr!

Cheers, Cameron.

i have abit of a rebellious streak in me...grrrrrrrrr [pirate grr]I thought pirates say arrrr!

Other wise my joke is ruined.

Why are pirates called pirates?

because they arrrrrrrr!

Cheers, Cameron.
*distance claps...*

Hi.

Pics? I would like to see them, too. Maybe there is really a "true" stalii in stock. However, all shielded species belong to the genus Rhombodera.

Regards,

Christian

Hi.

The other one is Rhombodera megaera. The degree of the shield extension varies between different species of this genus, is however, always existent. This is the difference between Rhombodera and Hierodula. The latter has no pronotum extensions.

Regards,

Christian

Ian, that "stalli" is actually a basalis and the other on is NOT a basalis at all...
That's what I thought (EDIT: posted before I noticed there was page 2)

So Christian, these are actually two species but you believe that the ones cultured are both the same species, is that right?

Hierodula stalli winning by 1 vote so far though, excluding the funny people ( :p ) who voted yes or no :evil:

Latest posts