weird bit on my mantises eye

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurliefrie

miles!!
Reaction score
hihi!!! so i have a hierodula membranacea and a few days ago he reached his final moult, he has this weird bit on his eye that wasnt there before, at first i thought it was some sort of eye rub. he is acting completely normal but i just wanted to see if anyone knows what it is :)

Attachments

• IMG_7668.png
    IMG_7668.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7667.png
    IMG_7667.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
hihi!!! so i have a hierodula membranacea and a few days ago he reached his final moult, he has this weird bit on his eye that wasnt there before, at first i thought it was some sort of eye rub. he is acting completely normal but i just wanted to see if anyone knows what it is :)
okay little update, his eye has got worse and now you cant see his pseudopupil at all, but he is still hunting and running around and acting like normal. someone said that its probably eye damage and i agree, im keeping a close eye on him for any behavioural changes

Attachments

• IMG_8016.jpeg
    IMG_8016.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 0
Yeah it looks like eye damage that possibly happened during the final molt? Honestly there's no way to tell. But as long as he is eating and acting normally then he should be fine. Like you said keep an eye on his behavior and eating.

Latest posts