Choeradodis stalii - Peruvian Shield Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantisdeperu

Reaction score
Hi. I introduce you to my best peruvian mantids, Choeradodis stalii. I have 20 nymphs L3 and one ooth ready to hatch.

Enjoy these pics

dsc00417hl7.jpg

dsc00419tl2.jpg

dsc00420ec2.jpg

dsc00423lx8.jpg

dsc00432tk8.jpg

dsc00440un6.jpg

dsc00458jx6.jpg

dsc00461qm7.jpg

Christian, Beautiful pic's & mantis! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try this species some time.

Very nice species, what color are they as adults?

(edited) I just went to terra t. and looked it up, they are still green but the bottom is a bit yellow from their pictures, this is a really neat looking species Christian!

Hi, here more pics:

[SIZE=14pt]A couple of adults Choeradodis stalii:[/SIZE]

choeradodisstalii24yw9.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Choeradodis stalii female:[/SIZE]

choeradodisstalii25nd1.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Choeradodis stalii male:[/SIZE]

choeradodisstalii26ph6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be good to know if this is a highland or a lowland stock. The last ones we tried to breed (the ones posted at terra-typica) were from a highland stock (about 2000 m) and turned out to be very difficult, needing special requirements. So my question is: where were these ones found?

No way! I've always loved this species since i first saw it way back when i first got into the hobby! Cool! I cant wait until they become more mainstream! PLease keep me on your mind if/when they reproduce! :D Gorgeous sheilds at L3 too! They are like steroid-injected rhombodera's!

Yes, what are their conditions? Are they agressive? :lol:

OHH MY GOD, that thing is a beast!

How different do males look to females?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts