A Few New Pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phreeze

Reaction score
Adult Female Ghost

Ghost_by_ColdTouch.jpg

Ghost_Back_by_ColdTouch.jpg

Adult Female Flower Mantis [male waiting for his chance with here when i have enough time to try and get them together safely]

Flower_Mantis_by_ColdTouch.jpg

And the lucky guy, at least i'm hoping he will get lucky, that female seems to eat any thing that moves, have seen her holding 2x locusts the same size as her before.

Adult_Male_Flower_Mantis_by_ColdTouch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I'd say I envy you... but I don't have to anymore :p B)

Nice green ghostie! LOL Thanks for sharing your pics. I hope to have a couple of adults like that soon! :)

Thanks all

Feel like i am finally getting to grips with my camera after having it for three years, more and more shots i take are right first time.

[Original Post Edited]

Have added a shot of one of my flower mantis that should be mated before the end of the weekend, with some luck my first ooth is becoming a real possibility.

Shameless bump?

well not really have just added to my original post a pic of the male creobroter gemmatus, hoping to try and get them to breed, but they are both a very cautious when i am in the room and i am having trouble getting her eating in a place that i can safely introduce him to her. And with kittens arriving today using the lounge to pair them up is going to be out of the question. Ah well if i manage i'm sure it will be worth the hassle in the long run.

Any idea why when ever you walk in on a female you want to breed feeding she is always just finishing off the last mouthful?