A new life-long mantis lover here

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manany

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Jeremy, I'm 21, I'm living in France near Italy.

I have always been passionated by nature, animals, insect and particularly every Mantis ! Mantis passion started while I was a 6-year old boy during a travel with my parents, when I saw for the first a Hymenopodidae specimen. The mantis was perched on an hotel ceiling. Unfortunately I never identified it properly.

Later, I went to entomology courses, and I started my frist mantis breeding at 8 year old I had few Sphodromantis lineola then two Deroplatys desiccata male. I also had Mantis Religiosa and Empusa Pennata.

Then I entered secondary school my last specimens passed away and I had no idea where to find new mantis and where I was living there was no wild specimens then I had a break with mantis and other insects but I had still lots of admiration for mantis.

But in the beginning of this year, I decided to start breeding again ! and my interest in mantis increased a lot, much more than before. This year I have been breeding successfully Sphodromantis Lineola, Mantis Religiosa, Rhombodera Basalis and Plistospilota Guineensis.

Right now I'm working on a terrarium, I want to make it quite big with a jungle theme, but I do not know exactly for which mantis, probably my Rhombodera Basalis or maybe a bigger specie.

I took this terrarium plans for inspirations :

Plan2.jpg

Plans made by passioncameleons

Latest posts