Acromantis formosana Hatched!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you all plan to keep these mantids for awhile! I started with 1 adult male and 1 adult female from Mikhail in Jan 08. They are both still alive and the female continues to produce ooths. She has dropped a total of 10 ooths thus far!

I hope you all plan to keep these mantids for awhile! I started with 1 adult male and 1 adult female from Mikhail in Jan 08. They are both still alive and the female continues to produce ooths. She has dropped a total of 10 ooths thus far!
my current ones are first generation, and i plan on keeping them for at least another generation, as they don't take up much room/time (take alot of food though), and are great feeders.

Wow. If they reproduce that quickly, I've going to need to get a huge "mantis house" (like Rick's) and flight-capable fruit flies. I'll just let them loose in there and they'll do their thing. :) Hopefully they don't find their way outside... or if they do, then they won't survive the winter.

Here's my photo of them just hatched :)

IMG_3182.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They sure enjoy eating...They ate soooo much that their abdomen was like 2 times its normal body length, no kidding. It was sooo bloated that I thought they were going to pop. Magically, they molted to L4 and it all disappeared. o.o Magic fat loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dumped a whole bunch of hydei in their container yesterday. They ate a whole lot of them but there are still hydei everywhere. It may have been a bad time to do that because I think the second round of hatchlings are trying to prepare for their molt. I hope the others eat all the hydei quickly!