Adult and Baby (L1) images

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twolfe

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread to post my images of adults with L1 nymphs.

IMG_2013-04-19_7446-M.jpg

Ghost Mantis (Phyllocrania paradoxa), Adult female and L1 nymph

IMG_2013-05-31_7907-M.jpg

Blepharopsis mendica, adult female with first instar nymph

This adult female is taking a long time to turn green. I took this a few weeks ago. She is gradually getting more green. This female is not the mother. She is getting older now. I'm waiting to see if the female in this photo is also laying fertile ooths.

IMG_2013-05-31_7867-L.jpg

Popa Spurca

IMG_2015-10-13_1589.jpg

IMG_2015-10-13_1562.jpg

Decimiana bolivari

Last edited by a moderator:
Tammy, I can't hold...I got a pic of the L1 with its popa mom too, and they were both posing like a stick...but I can't find the photo... :(

Awesome pics Tammy, can't wait for the others.. :D

Nick, I love those commercials, and nice choice for this thread, well played my friend, well played...

Bringing up an old topic I started over two years ago. I finally had an opportunity to photograph another adult with an L1 nymph. My first Decimiana bolivari ooth hatched on Sunday. I posted the photos above. This time it's actually the mother of the nymph. I couldn't the baby to hang on the adult, but I like how it the baby posed the same as its mother. I may use one of these for the 2016 calendar....

Great images of the Decimiana bolivari Tammy, love the way they're mirroring each others' pose!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts