Adult Idolo and ZooMed terrariums

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelofdeathzz

Reaction score
My male has turned green, he is now 1 week adult.

I keep Idolos and Gongy(violins) in these ZooMed tanks as they work great for keeping the humdity at a good range for molting (55-80%) and holding heat (85-95), plus they look nice. :)

I need more practice with my new camera and lighting(or lack of), I'll try to get some better shots up soon. :blush:

still could use a adult female Idolo, I have one on the way but 2 would be better! (50/50 ooth split) ;)

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your doing a great job with the zoomeds.

I wish you lots of luck in finding more females.

Harry

Looks like a nice setup. I'm wondering if you have any issues with flies escaping from your tanks. I use a zoomed tank for my tree frogs, and I love it. However, if I put any flies in there, they are able to escape through the slit in the front where the door catches.

Good luck breeding your Idolos!

Thanks for the kind words. No I don't lose any flies? the only type that could get out would be fruit flies, not even house flies can escape. the gaps are only credit card size on mine.

Maybe yours is a older or faulty model? I have 4 and there all the same. I love the front door and thats how I sometimes let a fly or 2 out when I open it to clean or what ever.

I'll need all the luck I can get to get this breed of the ground! So thanks again.

They look great!

When I had a few roaches in there the L1s would escape, so I got rid of it---should have kept it <_<

Holy schiznit! He is bad azz!

Looks like a nice setup. I'm wondering if you have any issues with flies escaping from your tanks. I use a zoomed tank for my tree frogs, and I love it. However, if I put any flies in there, they are able to escape through the slit in the front where the door catches.
Flies were escaping from mine but I fixed that.

First, make sure the slots intended for power cords on the back of the screen frame are shut properly.

Then put tape over the cord holes on the rim. You have to take the screen off to get at them because they are part of the frame that is attached to the glass.

There are also openings at the front corners of the rim where part of the screen frame sets. Take it off and you'll see what I mean. I filled them in with Sculpey modeling clay.

I haven't had any escapees since.

Holy schiznit! He is bad azz!

Flies were escaping from mine but I fixed that.

First, make sure the slots intended for power cords on the back of the screen frame are shut properly.

Then put tape over the cord holes on the rim. You have to take the screen off to get at them because they are part of the frame that is attached to the glass.

There are also openings at the front corners of the rim where part of the screen frame sets. Take it off and you'll see what I mean. I filled them in with Sculpey modeling clay.

I haven't had any escapees since.
Glad to see that you found another use for Sculpey! If you send it in, they might put it on their website. Do you recommend any particular color? For anyone unfamiliar with this product, it is oven cured, so it will stay soft, or reasonably so, at room temperature.

When I got mine they came with 2 caps to fit in the cord holes, and other than that there is no gaps or holes, the only time I lose any flies is if I open the door ?

Mine are only 2-3 months old maybe they changed the design, if mine did let feeders out that would be a giant FAIL in my book since there made for small pets.

The male is starting to get purple on his shield and legs, and my female molted to adult last night, so I'm stoked to say the least.

Latest posts