Anyone know Spanish?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mime454

Reaction score
I'm taking a Spanish class where we're doing a news letter. I wrote about mantids. I'm really bad at Spanish, so if you see any errors, can you let me know before I submit it to the printer?

jasa4gR.jpg

Mime 454,

Fijate en el femenino/masculino, la mantis o las mantises. In Spanish the Mantis are feminine and not masculine. If you keep this in mind things will be right.

Just like el carro, the car, is masculine.

Mantis Religiosa is actually the European Praying mantis. Mantis in Spanish or English is just the same..MANTIS.

If you need more help send me a PM.

Mime 454,

Fijate en el femenino/masculino, la mantis o las mantises. In Spanish the Mantis are feminine and not masculine. If you keep this in mind things will be right.

Just like el carro, the car, is masculine.

Mantis Religiosa is actually the European Praying mantis. Mantis in Spanish or English is just the same..MANTIS.

If you need more help send me a PM.
Thanks. I fixed that.

My mantis is pretty rusty but while reading I noticed the scientific names are not in italics.

I took first year Spanish last year, and I'll be taking Spanish2 next year. I definitely understood some/most of it, but not all...

However, a capitalization error: "Me llamo 'Mime454' alli" - "Me" shouldn't be capitalized, as there is no period. If you add a period, you can capitalize it because it is a complete sentence. :)

Looks good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do, I can help you if you like, you can PM me as I have found several mistakes, I want to point out that I am not criticizing, instead I'm willing to help :)

Regards

There may be one spot where there is not agreement of adjective's gender with the subject to which it refers, "Mantis son mascotas buenos". I am thinking that the word "buenas" should be used (fem). I am not as fluent as I should be for being half Spanish though, so check me on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts