Are my Violins not GG?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
Check out this picture.

22.jpg

My Violins are definitely the one on the left.... or right???? :lol:

Maybe crosses? Some have the look and some don't, however, all have the same shoulder cape like back thingy ma-jige...? spelling? hah!

Oh yeah, these two species also have differen sized wings on females, as you can see, one of the pix below has a female with a really stubby pair of wings, (edit: they clearly aren't as stubby nor do they share the different designs as the other species lol)... Not sure what to think about this, regardless, their colors are much cooler in person! :D

I am done editing d@mn!t!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh thank goodness! These are GG.. lol I am scatter brained and have a silly memory.. most of the time for that matter ;)

Here are some crappy pix of some of my Violins lol, wish I had a camera that picked up good color and detail like most of you guys!!! :lol:

ebayandbrians009.jpg
ebayandbrians013.jpg
ebayandbrians027.jpg
ebayandbrians028.jpg
ebayandbrians029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
None of the pics shows G. trachelophyllus. That species has a much wider pronotal dilatation in the female, while the male's one is smaller than in G. gongylodes. Anyway, there seem to be differences between G. gongylodes from different regions, this may explain the confusion. The ones with the wider dilatation are interesting, but due to a lack of specimens it is not clear if the difference merits specific separation.

None of the pics shows G. trachelophyllus. That species has a much wider pronotal dilatation in the female, while the male's one is smaller than in G. gongylodes. Anyway, there seem to be differences between G. gongylodes from different regions, this may explain the confusion. The ones with the wider dilatation are interesting, but due to a lack of specimens it is not clear if the difference merits specific separation.
Cool and thanks. My friend said he is bringing in some Gongloodes falcata but that isn't found anaywhere in the mantis family tree... have any of you heard of it? my friend was surprised to hear about it too, so he is expecting a surprise too.

Latest posts