Assasin bugs (aka wheel bugs) in situ

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou

Reaction score
Alright mantid bro,you asked to see pics of these from another thread I made.I seen the first nymphs of these guys a few weeks ago and they must have known I was going to get the camera, because they were gone before I could get back to them (literally seconds) they are pretty fast at this stage.

I wanted to get the first nymph shots as they are cherry red and color down as they get older and molt.Here are some pics of them on my Kousa dogwood tree that have been obviously feasting on the tent caterpillers,They are nice and fat.

This one just molted.I missed the actual molt,but by seconds.

100_3002_zpsba393b46.jpg

This one is a little older

100_3005_zps18e26875.jpg

Here are two more that were hanging together on the same leaf.The one in the back is probably about to molt as it has the redder color.the one in the front has a lot more of the typical grey that it will be as an adult.

100_3010_zps8fa84d94.jpg

I'll post more shots as they get older or if I can find the 1st instars that are very pretty, but seemingly harder to catch a shot of.

Enjoy!

Alright mantid bro,you asked to see pics of these from another thread I made.I seen the first nymphs of these guys a few weeks ago and they must have known I was going to get the camera, because they were gone before I could get back to them (literally seconds) they are pretty fast at this stage.

I wanted to get the first nymph shots as they are cherry red and color down as they get older and molt.Here are some pics of them on my Kousa dogwood tree that have been obviously feasting on the tent caterpillers,They are nice and fat.

This one just molted.I missed the actual molt,but by seconds.

100_3002_zpsba393b46.jpg

This one is a little older

100_3005_zps18e26875.jpg

Here are two more that were hanging together on the same leaf.The one in the back is probably about to molt as it has the redder color.the one in the front has a lot more of the typical grey that it will be as an adult.

100_3010_zps8fa84d94.jpg

I'll post more shots as they get older or if I can find the 1st instars that are very pretty, but seemingly harder to catch a shot of.

Enjoy!
awesome photos! theyre very nice looking. im looking forward to more pics! let me know when youve submitted some :)

Latest posts