bad wings....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sky_69

Reaction score
our first mantis shed to adult about 2-3 days ago now, and his wings still don't look right. the pair underneath have come out wrong. instead of sitting over the top of his body, the curl and stay on the same side they started on.

sky_69-albums-bugsy-picture621-img-1224.jpg

i know its not a very good picture of his wings, but u get the general idea of how they sit.

and he keeps sort of spreading them out as if trying to re-arrange them.

is there anything i can do to help him with his wings and will he actually be able to fly at all?

cheers guys

probably not and looks like it is a bad mismolt and not much can be done to help fix them if it cant fix them himself and I have a male with like a similar condition though he can fly a little but not that good!

he moulted about an inch from the ground which i thought was weird. would that have had something to do with it maybe? and also, he was on the opposite side of his tank from his old skin too.

he hasnt flown yet, and all the pics ive seen of this species have much darker green wings on top than ours does. is he still drying out maybe?

Don't see a pic but by the sound of it, no he won't.

Latest posts