Bare wire OK in enclosure?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caldoer

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide how I want to setup a living area for a tiny flower mantis, since it will only get to be about 1.5" in size the container I'm looking at is about 4.5"x4.5"x9". Most of the fake flowers that I have seen are quite large or have large stems that wouldn't make them ideal as is for such a small area. I was thinking I could just snip off the buds and leaves I wanted and just weave them all together with some 20 gauge wire. I assume I would have to weave in some stem along the open lengths of wire so the mantis could get a better travel between the flowers and leaves. In my head this seems like a good way to get a large arrangement of climbing surfaces where I want as well as being easy to clean since I can just pull the whole thing out (unlike if I glued everything to the sides). I was just curious if there might be some reason why this may not be a good idea. Thanks for reading! :)

You will never know unless u try.
tongue.gif

Depends... will it rust when you wet it? I don't know if rust is bad for them or not, but it's kind of ugly.

Maybe you could use the (tiniest) plastic zap-straps to attach the flowers to a twig? They won't rust, come in different colours and I've seen some Really tiny ones (check the dollar store)Cut the excess off of course and they will be less noticeable

thumb_77719_thumb_21809_zap.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts