Brunners stick not eating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
I just bought an L2 brunners stick mantis and since I got it, 2 days, she hasn't eaten. I've had this problem before and last time it starved before it ate fruit flies. Please help I don't want a repeat! ?

Try offering it a different option if you can? Maybe it would take a pinhead cricket or a fly. You can also try a waxworm, although you might have to cut it in half and offer the cut section to the mantid's mouth. It might also take a bit of banana or honey. Best of luck, although keep in mind it may just not be hungry or not eating if it is preparing to molt.

Sorry to hear about your new Brunners! As azblue said, you should really try hand feeding the mantis some kind of food. You can take a piece of raw chicken (as small as the mantis head) and just touch the mantis mouth.. they generally will dig in after that. You can also try honey even though its considered a snack food. They honey seems to be really easy to feed them as they drink it :)  

Good luck, Man!

Latest posts