Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, but what exactly are we looking at..? Are they plastic bins with branches adhered to the bottom...? Is that netting pinned to the top...? Am I getting that right...?

Yes, the bins are great for light giving , holds a lot of mantis, and I just hot glue the leaves and branches in, the screen is removable, but necessary for keeping the flies in , plus they like to hang from it, the top has 4" holes drilled in for ventilation.

WOW im not only impressed by your insect collection but your organization... i would spend hours just looking around if i ever find my way into your room :D

While cleaning and feeding today, dumped a lot of flies from containers, and also dumped a big blue bottle fly, that I knew was still good to eat, (I didn't taste it) but still felt it was good as it was still walking around! So I continued to feed and dump and was looking at my garbage bin and wondering when they bb was gonna show so I could scoup him up, and I noticed this! Do U see it too?

MVC-488F.jpg

OK, LOOK CLOSER

MVC-489F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice suggested in the classified that she wanted a "Box O Mantis" and I fell for it! haha, sent out 3 orders today, and I think I will make it a place on my site, thanks Alice! :p

Ordered crickets the other day and they arrived, they are from www.rainbowmealworm.net . I was given the name from another supplier, he says they are from Africa originally and do much better than the crickets that the us has been using. They are darker colored than what I am used to and he said that was their trait. Here is couple pics of them, the couple things I noticed about them and it is a little weird is:

When u open the box or the container, they do not run around and jump around like the other crickets, even shaking them out, they end up on my hand and just sit there, really weird, and they do not tend to run away when u try to get them, don't know if this is from shipping, so time will tell.

MVC-493F.jpg

MVC-492F.jpg

MVC-494F.jpg

Alice suggested in the classified that she wanted a "Box O Mantis" and I fell for it! haha, sent out 3 orders today, and I think I will make it a place on my site, thanks Alice! :p
:D .... no problem, i only charge a small commision.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: really is a good idea though... the newbie box... the experienced box... the breeder box; the possibilities are endless!

Hey, what did you guys think about the new crickets? They are freaking me out! I can't get over the color change in them and FAT! the sub adults could knock you out if one jumped on your forehead! :lol:

Hey, what did you guys think about the new crickets? They are freaking me out! I can't get over the color change in them and FAT! the sub adults could knock you out if one jumped on your forehead! :lol:
Do they smell like crickets? :unsure: i try to never use them, even feed my bearded dragons silk worms instead.. but if they didnt smell....

The mantis are enjoying them, but I am not! :huh: :angry: They came with a lot of carrots in the box and a few are having the runs (mantis) now and it smells, something I don't see a lot of. So, back to bbs for a day or so and hope they rid theirselves of the carrot juice :blink: , I guess cause there are a lot of post about carrots and crickets!

Latest posts