butterfly pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou

Reaction score
These are from my back yard.I planted many different types of butterfly and hummingbird friendly bushes and shrubs.

100_1272_zpsb2b157e2.jpg

100_1284_zps4f6d0307.jpg

100_1274_zpse1e675fd.jpg

100_1273_zpsad249e84.jpg

It's amazing that some of those butterflys can still fly given their tattered wings. They are beautiful. What types of flowers do you find attracts them most? I have Lilacs in my yard, and the butterflies seem to love them, but i'd love to plant more butterfly friendly plants without having a backyard full of Lilacs haha

I have several types of lilacs,6 different types of butterfly bushes,roses,iris',daylilies.fruit trees,6+ types of magnolia trees including southerns(6 of theses) which they love,and 2 different types of honey suckle that I planted to harvest the aphids that attack them every year,but the butterflys like them too.That is just what I can think of off the top of my head.There is plenty more that I'm forgetting.My yard is very fragrant and is loaded with butterlfys and hummingbirds every year.

Great photos. So far I've raised mourning cloaks, painted ladies and monarchs from caterpillars to adult and release once I see the eggs.

Latest posts