Chinese curved arm

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trollolloller

Reaction score
My Chinese mantis, the same one with the kinked abdomen, recently molted. Seems to still be very healthy and moves around a lot when I handle him/her. However, I believe he/she had issues during the last molting process and it resulted in him/her ending up with a curved left forearm. It is curved towards the base of the forearm. He/she has issues walking on it, but doesn't seem to have issues eating still (at least not when being hand fed). I don't really think it'll be a major health issue by any means, though I believe it might make it harder for him/her to hunt and/or mate. He/she should have only one more molt left as he/she is showing the base of the wings in development and should in full development after the next molt. Just wanna hear people's opinions on the issue. Thanks.

20130704_122131.jpg

I don't think that would make it harder for him/her to breed, and if he/she can eat ok than he/she should be fine

Latest posts