Cole's Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you photoshop this picture? Your ghost looks here more alien.
The colors were already like this when I took the pic, btw this is the male. I obviously cropped a bit and enhanced backround colors, sharpened the pic a bit, and brightened it up just a tad. But it's mostly natural.

The colors were already like this when I took the pic, btw this is the male. I obviously cropped a bit and enhanced backround colors, sharpened the pic a bit, and brightened it up just a tad. But it's mostly natural.
That is awesome! You take really good pictures!

- MantisGirl13

I just did a MASSIVE photo shoot of my male ghost (he has the best colors.) Btw, the pics below are completely raw and un-edited. Meaning I havenā€™t changed what the look like AT ALL! Also, I really like the bright backgrounds, do you guys? (Please do not use any photos in this journal without my permission)Ā 

o4GiEXG.jpg

7KUKnKG.jpg

dgaJAav.jpg

lezLneH.jpg

iwH8nLC.jpg

WJ33NJh.jpg

JRV3s8E.jpg

Next pic is a super macro of the eye.

qIkhgRr.jpg

URCp963.jpg

R9bQRzF.jpg

1KdNaTo.jpg

I donā€™t want people thinking that all the pics I take are good, because that would be a lie. I take tons of bad pics! This for example:

9qPLVSO.jpg

My good pic to bad pic ratio is depressing, so donā€™t worry lol.

@PrayingmantisqueenĀ you asked me for a pic for the front cover, would any of these work? You can use any of them for your book. Just credit me as Shaheer Fahad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did a MASSIVE photo shoot of my male ghost (he has the best colors.) Btw, the pics below are completely raw and un-edited. Meaning I havenā€™t changed what the look like AT ALL! Also, I really like the bright backgrounds, do you guys? (Please do not use any photos in this journal without my permission)Ā 

Next pic is a super macro of the eye.

I donā€™t want people thinking that all the pics I take are good, because that would be a lie. I take tons of bad pics! This for example:

My good pic to bad pic ratio is depressing, so donā€™t worry lol.

@PrayingmantisqueenĀ you asked me for a pic for the front cover, would any of these work? You can use any of them for your book. Just credit me as Shaheer Fahad.
Those areĀ AWESOME!

I would love to use some of those. Esspecially the upclose pics and the one of his eye. Awesome!

As long as I have pernission that isšŸ˜œ

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Great job! I love the bright backgrounds and the shots are so clear!

- MantisGirl13

@GracefaceĀ here are the Spiny Flower pictures you requested. These are by far some of the worst photos Iā€™ve token, and Iā€™m pretty embarrassed about itĀ šŸ˜³. To my defense, these little dudes are L2 and CRAZY tiny, did I mention fast and jumpy too? They will not hold still for a pic. šŸ˜ Sorry.

XZyNmcY.jpg

K2xj8Fm.jpg
Ā 

Also, my Creobroter (Gemmatus?) L3-4.Ā 

hm6zoZr.jpg

bpBG6Tr.jpg

iaNqqJv.jpg

1XNOTPn.jpg
Ā 

x3wYE1M.jpg
Ā 

5IT57cC.jpg

46miynU.jpg

Nct8jYy.jpg

And, I have two G. Amoena ooths in incubation, here is a pic of them and their setup.

cKkqLAG.jpg
Ā 

H2pxgF1.jpg

NcU0m4u.jpg

I'm getting rid of a lot of my mantids and ooths, trading them for tarantulas. I'm only keeping a P. Paradoxa Ooth, a Ghost female and male Ā  Ā . (L5) A female and male Sphodoromantis linolea, and maybe my giant Asian L6. I need to make room for my new tarantulas...

I'm getting rid of a lot of my mantids and ooths, trading them for tarantulas. I'm only keeping a P. Paradoxa Ooth, a Ghost female and male Ā  Ā . (L5) A female and male Sphodoromantis linolea, and maybe my giant Asian L6. I need to make room for my new tarantulas...
How many tarantulas are you getting?

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts