Cool Mantis toy!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FieroRumor

Reaction score
Picked this up last week:

pTRU1-3330596dt.jpg

Pretty neat. ;)

Hehe. My wife got me one of those for Christmas. She said "I'll get you a whole bunch and then you'll have a colony and you won't have to have to worry about raising bugs". I told my wife that it just wasn't the same but the magnetic toy was pretty fun to play with just the same. :roll:

I was bored so I put my Magna-mantis in the rubber chrysalis thing and hung it from the door of the refrigerator while I was staying at my in-law's house over Christmas. My sister-in-law was opening the refrigerator and did not see it at first. Then I heard her scream. She had no idea what it was and she looked pretty creeped out.

My review of the Magni-bug praying mantis-

Fun: Yes. Especially when it is hanging out of the rubber chrysalis thing and freaks your teenage sister-in-law out.

The same as the real thing: Not even close.

if anyones got a ps2 i recommend getting 'War of the Monsters', you can play as a colossal mantis that destroys cities. it's one the best two player games on the ps2 in my opinion. i have it mint condition but no ps2 anymore :(

it's quite a rare game now but usually can be found on ebay.

here's a screenshot:

wom_01_1.jpg

Awhile back I saw this mantis head mask at the store.

if anyones got a ps2 i recommend getting 'War of the Monsters', you can play as a colossal mantis that destroys cities. it's one the best two player games on the ps2 in my opinion. i have it mint condition but no ps2 anymore :( it's quite a rare game now but usually can be found on ebay.

here's a screenshot:

wom_01_1.jpg
Lol, Jonald, you're a nut :D

OK I love that magnetic toy!

I just bought one on Ebay, total with shipping

$15.90. The photo convinced me. Thanks, Im

always looking for Mantis items & that one is

a great find. I'll try to get a cool pic out of box

for you all next week.

hey Johnald I have played that game along time ago and its great the preying mantis has difrent forms that you buty with tokens.

Its got a like honeybee form

a orchid looking one

and a budwinged color

OK, I got my toy & I love it.

Good details:

The color & detail is great.

The wings open up if wanted too.

The movement of the arms is fun for dif poses.

The price was well worth it.

Weak details:

The head seems heavy, and tends to fall down, I removed

the batteries from eyes & helped a bit.

The light up eyes are cool, but not needed.

The legs are a bit weak, but no biggie'.

That "storage bag" is just plain creepy. Threw it away!)

More pictures:

mantiswww12.jpg

mantiswww13.jpg

mantiswww14.jpg

Thanks for the "remove the guts from the head" idea, I agree that the head is pretty heavy. I also trimmed the spot where the abdomen meets up with the magnet, which allowed for him to stand up straight better. I used the bag to gross out my little nephew. :D

Latest posts