Creobroter pictipennis molted to maturity :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papilio_

Reaction score
My first adult mantis molted last night, raised from hatchling.

Creobroter pictipennis, exuvia

Creobroter pictipennis, adult

5 images

10 images

3 images

I'm too new at this to be sure ... female?

5 images

6 images

15 images

5 images

Just hatched ... only three and a half months ago!

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome images, really neat looking translucent/metallic look to it! The last image surprised me, going from such large close-ups of a obvious older mantis, then freshly hatched sitting on a dime. :D

You're truly a professional photographer, thanks for the peek at your Creobroter pictipennis.

Wow what great images! It's always amazing how they start off so small.

Nice! Yes, female for sure. In a male that final segment on the underside would be 2 or 3 small segments.

Wow... papilio I missed this one... I remember you doing a photo shoot when she was a nymph... She is beautiful.. congrats... You did good!

Wow... papilio I missed this one... I remember you doing a photo shoot when she was a nymph... She is beautiful.. congrats... You did good!
Thanks again! I love my wahlbergiis, but perhaps because I hatched the Creos myself I find that I'm even more fond of them.

I love the head shot!
Thanks sally! Hard to beat a nice focus stack. ;)

Beautiful shots.
Thank you jsorigami!

Nice! Yes, female for sure. In a male that final segment on the underside would be 2 or 3 small segments.
Thanks so much Precarious!

I was quite sure of the sex even at earlier instars but since that image displayed the ab so nicely I just wanted confirmation from the rest of you who know what you're looking at far more than I do.

Latest posts