Creobroter pictipennis molting into L3

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou

Reaction score
This is the last of 4 Creobroter pictipennis to molt from L2 to L3.I just happened to catch it in the act.

100_1854_zps8694a2e3.jpg

100_1850_zpsd50d358b.jpg

100_1851_zps31ad66e2.jpg

One with a flash

100_1856_zpsfcd54b9b.jpg

You did a good job providing them a nice environment to molt safely, preserved the image and posted to share. Thanks!

Nice! That's an excellent idea with the paper towels btw.
It's easy to change too.I use a 1/4 sheet on the bottom of a 32 oz cup,then roll a full sheet diagonally and twist it tight,bend and dampen with a mist bottle.

You did a good job providing them a nice environment to molt safely, preserved the image and posted to share. Thanks!
Thanks,I'm kind of a visual person,I like to see things.I think I have some shots of one of the L1s molting.I'll check and post if I do.

I think i'm going to steal your idea with the paper towels, I would have never thought to do that. That's a great idea.

Haha,steal away.There is enough room for them to choose the lid or the paper towel to grip on to.The paper towel holds the moisture nicely so just make sure you don't saturate it so they don't drown.

They're multi purpose and you can change them whenever you need to. plus if they fall they will land on something soft :)

Latest posts