Deroplatys lobata have mated!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some photos of the nymphs:

cute_l1_deroplatys_lobata_nymph_by_alexandersmantids-d8e0fqa.jpg

I'm keeping this one... it has such a personality. Not scared of me at all. Very curious and interactive. I'm thinking it's female.

deroplatys_lobata__l1__eating_by_alexandersmantids-d8e0gmi.jpg

Eating. I'm all out of pinhead (REAL pinhead) crickets. And flying fruit flies are almost impossible to work with!! So I've been hand-feeding them all with a needle. Some adult cricket guts. It takes 2-3 hours to feed em all! But it's my job and is worth it.

deroplatys_lobata_nymph_eats_half_of_cricket_leg_by_alexandersmantids-d8e0h8p.jpg

Half a cricket leg! Huge meal! Lol

tiny_by_alexandersmantids-d8e0hor.jpg

Again, the one I'm keeping... eagerly crawling onto my finger

eating_by_alexandersmantids-d8e0j8f.jpg

AInt they cute? lol

deroplatys_lobata_nymph_drinking_by_alexandersmantids-d8e0ipy.jpg

Drinkin' water. This one is my fattest one at the moment.

Platysil the adult female also laid her second ootheca today! She laid her first one November 26th. So it's been like... a month and a week? She takes forever to lay lol. This one's going to LAME! He's sent me so much awesome stuff, so many times, he's the most generous person I know, or have ever met, literally! Heck, not even this ootheca could make up for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!!! What beautiful mantis! Thanks for the amazing pics!!!! Keep us posted on ooths and nymphs...Gotta love our mantis...

Congrats!!!! What beautiful mantis! Thanks for the amazing pics!!!! Keep us posted on ooths and nymphs...Gotta love our mantis...
Thanks! yes they are! ill definitely keep ya posted, yes definitely gotta love em!!

Looks like ill have many....Many dead leafs on my hands! XD

plus, you know the deal.. "You scratch my back,I'll scratch yours..."

Those video's were awesome... they are growing so fast! So cute... Thanks for sharing! Keep us updated!

Nice videos and looks like you found a great keeper. She is very curious and seems to be quite the lap mantis (like a lap dog always wanting to be held) :D

Those video's were awesome... they are growing so fast! So cute... Thanks for sharing! Keep us updated!
Thanks! in the video i said itd been like a week but its been more like 3. Time flies!! they are cute for sure! ill keep you updated, you do the same!

Ive sold all but 6 nymphs! All the ones I kept, were mismolties, since I didnt want to send anyone mismolties. But three of the six didnt make it do to this...

But the remaining 3 are fixed for the most part. Rezz is in fact 100% now. Lil B cant use his claws. And Brexta cant either and is also missing a leg. So those two still need to have a molt or two before being 100%.

It seems I have 3 males! I was hoping to have a female in the mix!

There's Brexta (L3), Lil B (L4), and Rezz (L5).

Fortunately, Platysil laid her 3rd ooth yesterday! So I should get a female from that batch. ;)

Hatching takes 30-45 days. It took 37 days for the first ooth, and 41 for the second ooth (given to LAME).

Here's a video of Rezz at L5, eating a mealworm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts