Disaster.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so sad, sorry about your mantis loses. Going on vacations, even small ones, when you have nymphs is always risky because they are so delicate. I always get really nervous if I have to go anywhere for a few days when nymphs are around, and adults too!

Really sorry to hear about this.  I only have Chinese and ghosts right now so nothing too delicate and I am still a bit worried when I leave.  I have a friend that comes over to mist everyone if we are gone too long, and she actually offered to do fruit flies for me last time (I wasn't going to ask) so I am lucky.  We were just away again for 1.5 weeks and I made up little containers of pupae in the fridge that she just had to dump into each enclosure.  But again, my current mantises don't need any additional heat or other specific requirements that can up the risk when you leave.

But, even with her helping out, you never know...sometimes things just go wrong at the worst times, especially when nymphs getting ready to molt are involved. :(   Here's hoping you don't have to go through something like that ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ocelotbren yeah. Sometimes thing just don’t go your way. I am hoping as well that this was a isolated event. Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts