Dmina's mantid collection in progression 2014

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay fine I'll chime in - No I don't know the unknown species, and no I haven't kept them. ;) I imagine that is why no one else has commented on the questions too. I do know that you, Denise ,are always trying a new species so I wouldn't even know where to search to help you. :)

Thank you MantisRCool for your help... This guy loves to be held...

I was hoping more people would chime in on this... I had found a P.picta name tag in one of my trays a while back (happens all the time).. and just noticed this mantis container didn't have a name tag... so that is why i was thinking that it was that.. I only got 3 from a friend at a show and the 2 died with in the first week... So I have not seen one grow ... Has anyone else had one of these?

MysterymantisB.jpg

mystery%20mantisA.jpg
I currently have a P. picta, so I thought I'd chime in. The mantis pictured does resemble mine a lot, but seems to be missing the black bands that P. picta have on the inside of their raptorial arms. Maybe I just can't see them because of the angle of the pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
Decimiana bolivari is actually a South American species. But as for the Picta marking issue, some mantids can lack the markings that typically are present for the species (some Mantis religiosa lack the bullseye marking) this being said, the build on this one is definitely a Prohierodula.

OK... again I have really let this thread go.. Well I am going to try and catch you up with what has been going on with my crew...

I have had recent hatches of  Phyllocrania paradoxa – Ghost Mantis 

I have bred  Theopropus elegans - Banded Flower Mantis,  Orchids, Ghosts, Popa 

[SIZE= 16px]I have some pictures to share ones that I have taken and haven't gotten time to post [/SIZE]

Sybilla pretiosa – Cryptic Mantis

[SIZE= 16px]
IMG_8310.jpg
[/SIZE]

Schizocephalas bicornis

IMG_8443.jpg

I wanted to show you the wonderful colors of Ghosts

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8483.jpg

And a very pretty in pink Orchid

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8488.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

this is my adult female D. dessiccata

IMG_8500.jpg

R.valida

IMG_8512.jpg

I will get some more pics up soon... some of my newer ones

Are you talking about this one?

IMG_8501.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg

They were sold to me as D. dessicatta? So Is this a lobata?

Thanks for any help

OK... here are the baby pics I promised...

H.membranacea -Giant Asian mantis

H.membranacea%20A.jpg

H.membranaceaB.jpg

Parasphendale agrionina – African Budwing Mantis

P.agrioninaA.jpg

P.agrioninaB.jpg

Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii – Spiny Flower Mantis or #9 Mantis

P.wahlbergiiA.jpg

Polyspilota aeruginosa – Madagascan Marbled Mantis

P.aeruginosaA.jpg

P.aeruginosaB.jpg

Hierodula venosa – Golden Mantis

H.venosaA.jpg

H.venosaB.jpg

Sibylla pretiosa – Cryptic Mantis

criptic.jpg

Decimiana bullvari – S. African Dead Leaf

D.bulivariA.jpg

How I would appreciate some help with this one... it is the only one I have...and I lost the name tag... I think it is a 

Prohierdula picta ??? Does anyone know for sure?

mystery%20mantisA.jpg

MysterymantisB.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me with this one so I can get the species right...

I will try and post new pics of the rest of them tomorrow...

Thanks for looking...

Denise
OK... I think I got the pictures of the rest of my crew...

this is just trouble in the making..LOL

Orchid nymphs

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg

Theopropus elegans - Banded Flower Mantis

T.elegansB.jpg

T.elegans.jpg

T.elegansC.jpg

Sphodromantis baccette -

IMG_8725.jpg

Heterochaeta occidentalis - Giant African Stick Mantis

Heterochaeta%20occidentalis%20-%20Giant%20African%20Stick%20Mantis.jpg

Sphodromantis viridis – African Giant Mantis

Sphodromantis%20viridis.jpg

I think that is all I have at the moment...

Thanks for looking...

Thanks Thomas... yeah.. don't want grass to grow under my feet...LOL

Mantidaddicted...I would love company going to get my nails done.. How close are you to Michigan? and I love talking mantis...

OMG... must have got lost.... must have got lost... must have got lost... somewhere down the line...(c'mon J.Giles fans!) I really need to add to this.. I am getting some new pics to update this thread! I am sorry... I will try harder

Oh were have you been, Denise? I hope to get ahold of you sometime soon!
Good question, but she hasn't been on here since June (according to her account) and PMs since have gone unanswered. Hopefully she is doing well, and will drop back by with new photos. :)

I've asked at the Expos were we met, as well as the shops she would buy and sell her insects at. Nobody has heard from her since around her last post here. I think it's safe to say she may have gotten out of the hobby. I will continue to ask about her when i visit the shops, but that's about as far as it goes with locating her. I had her personal number somewere, but i am unable to locate it   =/

Sorry guys.

I've asked at the Expos were we met, as well as the shops she would buy and sell her insects at. Nobody has heard from her since around her last post here. I think it's safe to say she may have gotten out of the hobby. I will continue to ask about her when i visit the shops, but that's about as far as it goes with locating her. I had her personal number somewere, but i am unable to locate it   =/

Sorry guys.
I have talked to Denise recently, and she is actually getting back in the hobby! She ordered 2 male orchids from me and is hoping to breed them with her one female. ;)

Latest posts