DRIVING SOON!! YAY!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to learn how to drive this year too. Unfortunately I have ADHD which makes it difficult to pay attention for long periods of time. According to statistics people with ADHD are 4 times more likely to get into an accident and 6 times more likely to get their licenses suspended. So statistically speaking I am going to be a bad driver. Hearing that makes me furious. One more thing i also have mild dyslexia,dysgraphia, and some other learning disabilities that make school very hard and make me feel stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ADD. Remember to pay your insurance/tickets on time....this is KEY. I got my license suspended for forgetting to pay a ticket on time....that was a very expensive thing to forget

I am going to learn how to drive this year too. Unfortunately I have ADHD which makes it difficult to pay attention for long periods of time. According to statistics people with ADHD are 4 times more likely to get into an accident and 6 times more likely to get their licenses suspended. So statistically speaking I am going to be a bad driver. Hearing that makes me furious. One more thing i also have mild dyslexia,dysgraphia, and some other learning disabilities that make school very hard and make me feel stupid.
I know how you feel. I have ADHD too. No worries you might start out hitting parked cars or inadament objects such as telephone poles, mail boxes, or the #6 line train pilar. In time you will get better, and realize by the time your my age all these things were in your way. It was never your fault to begin with. :lol:

Everybody has ADD these days. I guess I do as well.

Everybody has ADD these days. I guess I do as well.
If you were to ask a random person, there is a decent chance they will say that they have ADHD. That is how common it is. I cant wait to drive, and I am not going to let developmental disorders get in my way

So, I guess people can't just be lazy and considered procrastinators these days. Leave it to the pharmaceutical companies to name it and "miraculously" have an instant cure. Take 2 of these and call me in the morning? OOPS! My ADD kicked in, I forgot to take 2, and I forgot to call for a week. :lol:

Real ADD s much rarer than diagnosed. Everyone has an excuse these days and ADD is an easy excuse. I'm an adult and have dealt with it all my life, and did it without drugs. It takes a lot of effort to learn how to cope with it, and it's not easy. Being lazy/ uninterested/ unmotivated isn't the same.

I have to cope with ADHD,PDD-NOS(atypical autism),OCD, and a slightly lower IQ of 95(don't laugh). Lets get back on topic though.

Congratulations Agent A!

When I first started driving, it was very difficult for me to understand spatially where my car was oriented. I have since learned to find visual cues to situate the vehicle between the lines of lanes and parking spaces; I always have to aim way to the left of the lane/parking space to actually be centered. Parallel parking continues to elude me though :p

Have fun and be safe! :)

Congratulations Agent A!

When I first started driving, it was very difficult for me to understand spatially where my car was oriented. I have since learned to find visual cues to situate the vehicle between the lines of lanes and parking spaces; I always have to aim way to the left of the lane/parking space to actually be centered. Parallel parking continues to elude me though :p

Have fun and be safe! :)
That and my severe anxiety make driving hard for me

Idk how I'll ever pass a road test lol

Latest posts