Eating Crickets

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
I have heard that crickets are edible. If I cook them on a pan for five minutes on high heat would that kill all the parasites and cook it thoroughly? And please don’t say not to eat something that could have parasites as pretty much all meat like cows and chicken have parasites or some kind of disease if u dont cook it but it goes away once you cook it.

And also the people at my pet store said their crickets are edible and they said people buy their crickets all the time to cook on their stove. 

I need to know this im going to the pet store tomorrow to get some flies for my mantis and I am wondering if I should get the crickets as well. They have edible packaged crickets but they are twice as expensive and come in a tiny package with only 7 crickets.

As far as I know, most people on this forum don't really know much about this kind of stuff. Google it and see what you find, I guess.

- MantisGirl13 

Crickets ere eatable by humans. Thought cricket farms excist special to breed crickets for human comsunption. I tried one, but was not tasty. It had no taste. They had dried paprica flavor meal worms that I liked

I've ordered ready to eat scorpion, buffalo worms and ant lollies before but never done my self but I cant see being much issue, like you say, heat tends to kill pretty much all nasties. 

Not much help but this site says they can be eaten cooked or uncooked,   

chuck some piri piri, pan fry and enjoy

Screenshot_20200824_084423_com.android.chrome.jpg

Latest posts