Exo-Terra 27 litres

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mëluzynn

Reaction score
Hi :)

Here is the house of Aluine, my Sphodromantis lineola. This is an Exo-Terra of 30cm x 30cm x 30cm, I'm sorry but I'm not used to US gallons so I'll use centimeters and litres... :blush:

The ground is made of terrarium sand with a layer of coconut soil (not sure of the english term). For now the real plants are still in pots and the pots are disposed on the soil, I'll do the definitive decoration within a few days.

avec_p10.jpg

avec_p11.jpg

avec_p12.jpg

I'll probably remove the plastic plant in the angle, it was in the box when I bought the Exo-Terra. Branches comes from a reptile show, where I bought Aluine, I don't know what kind of wood it is.

I'll add moss in the background, I think I'll pin the moss, I'll try and if it doesn't work, never mind. I'll add some moss on the soil too.

I really have difficulties to find some references about my mantis biotope. I always find terrarium exemple but never where they live in the nature. With my fishtanks I like to reproduce natural biotopes and I wish to do something similar for my mantis.

For now I just have a small lamp, I'll recieve the definitive lampe tomorrow or friday. I also bought a heater, I'll see how I install it, behind the background I think, I'm afraid if I install it under the soil it will dry it too fast. Sorry, it's clear in my head in french, hard to express in english...XD

On the picture I take it off but there is a roof made with something I don't know the word in english...lol It's this Exo-Terra : http://www.exo-terra...rarium_mini.php

I also bought Jungle Vines (http://www.exo-terra...ungle_vines.php), I'll add some when I install the plants.

I hope she will be fine in it :)

i have my girl in a small critter case, i wish i could afford something like this for her
I bought the Exo-Terra at a reptile show, it was from a shop who closes definitively, so I paid it about 15USD, the normal price is about 90USD in Switzerland. I saw that I had to buy it. There was smaller terrariums but for the same price I have this bigger one :)

All the plants comes from plants I have at home, baby plants from bigger plants ^^ So, they are for free...lol

I only have one mantis, I won't breed them (with 20 fishtanks I have no place to do so) so I want to give her the best habitat I can :)

sounds awsome. how could you pass up that deal?! if i could find one like that in the states ide be all over it. i wasnt planning on breeding her but she just layed two ootheca so ive decided to go ahead and do it with the babies if i can.fish tanks take up alot of space. you must have a beautiful home. good luck with your mantis, she will be happy in the habitat you have provided for her

sounds awsome. how could you pass up that deal?! if i could find one like that in the states ide be all over it. i wasnt planning on breeding her but she just layed two ootheca so ive decided to go ahead and do it with the babies if i can.fish tanks take up alot of space. you must have a beautiful home. good luck with your mantis, she will be happy in the habitat you have provided for her
I don't know how to explain. At the reptile show there was a few stand. A stand was a shop that closes definitively, the boss died and the children were selling all the material for about -90% of the price. But you can find good stuff on the internet and you can also decorate your critter box, you just need a bit of imagination ;)

You can buy for cheap reptile transport boxes too (I have plenty of the as fishtank hospital), they exists on different sizes up to 15 litres and they costs less that 10USD, it's quite big but it's not made of glass, just plastic.

It is very nice and easy on the eye, but you gave many places to molt too low from? Never the less I like it...

belle jungle pardonnez-moi, je sais un peu de francais :) et ce que je sais, c'est mal! ....and yes molt = lose old skin! ;) Nice job!

-Andre

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol i its ok, my French is really rusty :p my bad :D Je suis egalement l'apprentissage du chinois, il est meilleur que mon francais... :)

I don't know how to explain. At the reptile show there was a few stand. A stand was a shop that closes definitively, the boss died and the children were selling all the material for about -90% of the price. But you can find good stuff on the internet and you can also decorate your critter box, you just need a bit of imagination ;)

You can buy for cheap reptile transport boxes too (I have plenty of the as fishtank hospital), they exists on different sizes up to 15 litres and they costs less that 10USD, it's quite big but it's not made of glass, just plastic.
due to recent management chang ein my apartment i had to disassemble my smaller fish tank, when i got home from work yeaterday i put some mesh on the top and was able to decorate that for her, i also put part of a spider plant in there for her so she can have a live plant. i got the idea from your pitures

due to recent management chang ein my apartment i had to disassemble my smaller fish tank, when i got home from work yeaterday i put some mesh on the top and was able to decorate that for her, i also put part of a spider plant in there for her so she can have a live plant. i got the idea from your pitures
Spider plant ? What is it ?

Latest posts